Out with the old, In with the new!

Image
  I apologize for being away for a while. You know about that desired change I wrote about. Well, a lot has happened during the past few months. It all started in February when a best friend called me about a job opportunity as a day porter paying $24 an hour with a corporate office company. Instead of working a scattered schedule and fighting to get more hours, I now work full-time with full benefits and a steady schedule. All I do is make coffee for scheduled conferences and all the break rooms, along with keeping track of the supplies. I work Monday through Friday 7-4 and having that as part of my routine feels great. The people that I work with are great too. Everyone talks to me and not to me. I also have the freedom to work on whatever task I need to without people asking me what I am doing unless they are being social with me. No one is pestering me. Also, my boss is great and easy to talk to. I no longer feel uneasy whenever my boss calls upon me. When she does it's mainly

Head banging to achieving unknown goals

 



Hi everyone, I know that I have been away and am not posting as I would. In the past, I stated that I would post every week. Unfortunately, my schedule is not allowing me to do so. On top of this blog, I am also committed to doing various other projects such as writing my books, which I can't wait to talk about once I finish my first draft. In my photography business, Naturally Nature Photography, I'm trying different printing techniques on how to print onto wood, so that I can do the prints myself rather than going through a secondary party to print my work making my art more pricey than I would like to. Can't wait to show you the result of my attempts.

Alongside these projects, I also work part-time at Home Depot for an average of 30 hours a week. As well as looking for a new place to live and prepping for a trip to Germany next year. I have a tendency to take on so much it gets to the point where I just wonder if these projects are going to get me anywhere. It gets intimidating and overwhelming sometimes, but I assure you that I will not prevail and keep going. “Keep Walking Forward”, as I like to say to myself, is a catchphrase that I came up with while I was struggling during my soft more year of high school. I will continue to post different things about autism in hopes that it will help you understand it more. It just won't be as often as I had originally thought I would. But I do need to allow myself more time, as I believe in walking the walk and not talking the talk. As people say all good things come with time and effort.




I am pleased to share that I went to a metal concert last Monday and had a blast. It was my first concert. I've never gone to one before due to my sensitive hearing. In a previous post, I mentioned that people with autism a lot of time have heightened sensory. Mine was always sensitive hearing. Growing up I always had to hold my ears in the movie theater due to it being so loud at least until I got older. I no longer need to protect my ears in the movie theater, however, a concert is much louder and had me a little concerned about how I would handle it. Especially after the fire alarms went off in my apartment. I lived in my apartment for two years now and Monday morning was the first time they went off for us, due to a test on the fire alarm system. The noise through me off so bad to the point that I had to step outside in my pajamas and bathrobe. Even then it was still too loud for me, and it continued ringing in my ears afterward and kept me on edge the rest of the day. Luckily by the time, we left for the concert I was feeling much better.





I told my coworkers about the concert and that it was my first. They asked what kind and I said it's an Indian folk metal band called Bloodywood. I also mentioned my sensitive hearing and that I planned to get ear protection for it. They thought it was ironic that my first concert was a metal band, but so did I. I never thought that I would enjoy metal until I got introduced to it by my husband. But they did wish me luck and a great time.



I bought ear protection from a shooting range called Big Woods Goods (which is quite excellent), on the day of the concert. They worked great! We were right at the front by the speakers; the speakers' base made your chest vibrate. Did not bother me one bit. What's even more exciting is that I eventually took them off at some points during the concert. I even met this family who has a son that is autistic as well and he was there headbanging and having a great time with no need for earplugs. His mom told me how impressed she was with how well he was doing. It was so much fun and I am so proud of myself because that honestly was something that I thought that I would never manage to do.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl in the Mirror

Change

My Dear Freind