Out with the old, In with the new!

Image
  I apologize for being away for a while. You know about that desired change I wrote about. Well, a lot has happened during the past few months. It all started in February when a best friend called me about a job opportunity as a day porter paying $24 an hour with a corporate office company. Instead of working a scattered schedule and fighting to get more hours, I now work full-time with full benefits and a steady schedule. All I do is make coffee for scheduled conferences and all the break rooms, along with keeping track of the supplies. I work Monday through Friday 7-4 and having that as part of my routine feels great. The people that I work with are great too. Everyone talks to me and not to me. I also have the freedom to work on whatever task I need to without people asking me what I am doing unless they are being social with me. No one is pestering me. Also, my boss is great and easy to talk to. I no longer feel uneasy whenever my boss calls upon me. When she does it's mainly

Short visit to Maryland

I apologize for not posting last week. Let's just say I ran like a hobbit and went on an adventure. I went to Maryland for a wedding and a short vacation.  Here are some photos of the places that I had the pleasure of visiting. Some of these photos will be available for purchasing fairly soon on: https://www.naturallynaturephotography.com/
An update is currently happening.
Also please feel free to leave comments on my blog.
Another will be coming soon. 


    Maryland was wonderful. My husband and I went for only half a week but got to see so many things in this short time. We took a tour on a few ships such as the one shown below. This was located in the city of Baltimore along with Fort McHenry where we won the revolution and the inspiration for a song that moves the heart of the United States. You know the one; it begins with "Oh say can you see".

    We also went to Washington D.C. for a day. May I say visiting D.C. is more than just a day trip?! There is just so much to see and as always much larger than what is shown on TV. It was a pleasure visiting some of the monuments within our country's capital. 
    As much as I feel the need to hide in a whole and work on a project without interacting with anyone, I love getting out of my shell and traveling to new places and meeting new people. For people on the Autistic spectrum, It is crucial to get out into public and see how the world works and how people interact. People with autism, don't have that automatic ability to know how to socialize or to see the importance of it. We have to learn how to and the logical reason behind human interaction, and getting out into the world is the best way to do so. At least it is for me.

    It's odd to describe.  I never wanted to be alone even though I was ok with being alone. I see people interacting and having fun and wanting to join in but finding it easier to sit in a corner with a book and interact with fictional characters from the books in my head or people watching. It's like having a fogged-up glass wall between you and the thing that you want; you see it but you can't figure out how to get to it.  Luckily I have a large family that always made sure to involve me in every family activity possible. If it wasn't for that I would not be as social as I am today. For a long time my family, family friends, and classmates were the only people that I would interact with. Other than that I didn't feel the need to interact with other people unless they started interacting with me first. 

Again please feel free to leave comments. I love to see your input on your affiliation with autism.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Girl in the Mirror

Change

My Dear Freind